Operations Leadership Development Program (OLDP)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover an environment that encourages your continual professional development, and you’ll have the opportunity to do work that has an impact – because every day, you’ll be contributing to our Mission - to enable our customers make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Thermo Fisher Scientific offers best-in-class Internships and Leadership Development Programs that provide students & new grads with hands-on learning, meaningful project work, and unparalleled growth and networking opportunities.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work and have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
The program prepares participants for roles of growing responsibility through a combination of rotational assignments, structured learning, formalized feedback, and mentoring. The program participants will interact with senior operations leaders and participate in various key operations initiatives!
Program participants have four 6-month rotation assignments during the two-year program. As part of the rotational program, candidates may rotate through the following locations: CA, MA, IL, MO, NY, PA, KS, NJ, MD, VA, OR, OH, NC, SC, TX, FL, MD etc. Geographic flexibility is required both during and after the completion of the program.
The OLDP program affords participants an outstanding chance to create results, quickly gain credibility and develop a strong company network. Prior to completing the program, participants work with the Program Manager and interview for positions across the operations organization.
Rotation examples include:
- Production Supervisor
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Planning & Sourcing
- Supply Chain
- Distribution Operations
How will you get here?
- A student completing a Bachelor’s degree between December 2022 and July 2023; preferred majors: Operations, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Industrial Management, Logistics or other related fields, or prior military experience as a Junior Military Officer.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Related work or internship experience helpful
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in manufacturing/operations
- Geographic flexibility is required both during and upon completion of the program.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Thermo Fisher does not offer employment in this position to holders of F-1, J-1, H-1, OPT, and CPT Visas for the purpose of obtaining practical experience.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 130,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Accessibility
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.