Senior Institutional Advancement Reporting + Research Analyst
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD)’s Institutional Advancement department seeks a Senior Reporting Analyst to design, implement, and maintain reporting functions for the College. Institutional Advancement (IA) is responsible for engaging RISD’s alumni, parents, students and donors in meaningful ways, cultivating and stewarding relationships to raise funds. Additional sources — individuals, foundations and corporations — are also utilized to financially support both active and projected priorities determined by the President, Provost and deans. These priorities correspond to RISD’s strategic initiatives and institutional needs, and the demand for accurate data to achieve such goals is imperative.
The successful Senior Reporting Analyst will report directly to the Executive Director of Advancement Services and be responsible for developing strategic methods that will lead the institution to holistic, prudent, and consistent improvement in a multitude of channels, such as identifying data-driven fundraising opportunities, forecasting donor and volunteer engagement, implementing systems reporting to better understand and predict prospect development, and collaborating with IA senior leadership to provide a comprehensive view of donor analytics. Along with the Executive Director, the incumbent will work closely with other members of the Advancement Services team to continuously improve data structures, strategies, and analysis procedures.
We seek a culturally competent candidate who will thrive in a campus environment that is committed to advancing the principles of social equity and inclusion, environmental and climate justice, and equal access to resources and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or computer science is required, or another Bachelor’s degree plus advanced coursework in data analysis
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant reporting management experience preferably in a higher education or complex non-profit setting
- Expertise using fundraising metrics for projections, leveraging, modeling, and other analyses
- Extensive research background including database design, manipulation, and statistical analysis
- Broad knowledge of fundraising and alumni engagement strategies and predictive modeling methods
- Dynamic understanding of computerized data management programs and their relation to fundraising initiatives and constituent engagement goals
- Experience with SQL and visualization/analysis software, preferably Tableau, as well as Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite; familiarity with content management systems, email applications, enterprise systems such as Raiser’s Edge, and other such computer applications for data analysis as it pertains to higher education
- Ability to integrate multiple systems, data sets, query databases and perform statistical analysis and predictive modeling; linking large, distinctive data sets to discover new insights within Raiser’s Edge (currently estimated at 200,000+ records)
- Ability to stay abreast of trends, new systems, tools, and features, constantly evaluating these for potential use in RISD’s IA division
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work effectively with ethnically and culturally diverse communities
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage multiple demands, work independently and under pressure, meet deadlines with accuracy and speed, while working and communicating effectively with a broad spectrum of divisional and institutional colleagues
- Excellent reasoning, problem-solving, decision-making, writing, research and analytical skills