Civil Engineer Trainee - Pavilion, NY
Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Civil Engineer Management Trainee to join our team in Pavilion, NY. As a Civil Engineer Management Trainee you will participate in a program that introduces you to not only construction materials industry but also helps you to learn and grow in the aggregates business line in the Northeast Region. Develop your field skills while exercising your ability to participate in a dynamic team setting.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Learn basic supervisory skills by working side-by-side with professionals in the QC Dept.
- Working with Dept. of Transportation (DOT) for mix approvals as needed
- Ensuring quality of product meets standards and specifications for jobs
- Troubleshooting mix design issues
- Working with operations to make adjustments as necessary
- Understand costs associated with laboratory and quality control programs; scheduling, budgeting and forecasting
- Conduct root cause analysis
- Participate in various parts of production, processing, quality control and more!
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Program by suggesting changes in routines, personnel, equipment improvement and process improvement
- Follow plant and MSHA Safety Policies, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment. Maintain an awareness of plant environmental standards. Takes corrective action to address minor problems or reports compliance issues to appropriate department for resolution.
What We Are Looking For:
- A college student studying Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geology, Geological Engineering, Materials Science with a Bachelor’s or Associate's degree graduating in May 2023 with a strong interest in process
- A highly organized, efficient, and process improvement mindset and skillset
- A person that shows commitment and engagement through a strong work ethic, initiative, and utilization of abilities.
- Someone able and willing to dive in and help solve problems in the field
- Someone with a strong desire to work in a heavy industrial environment
- Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- A multi-tasker who can tackle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment with 24-hour operations