Graduate Sustainability Engineer
Buro Happold has an ideal opportunity for someone with sustainability engineering or consulting experience seeking a new job. We are looking for a full-time Graduate Sustainability Engineers and Consultants, and the role comes with an attractive salary and benefits package.
Our Sustainability & Analytics team has worked with some of the world’s most innovative clients and on the most sustainable and iconic projects. As a Sustainability Graduate, you will be technically and creatively challenged on projects that include design support and innovation, high-performance strategies, materials research, energy, carbon, water and waste analysis and modeling and more.
During your time in this Sustainability & Analytics role, you can expect to begin work on some of the following:
- Develop energy, carbon, water and waste analysis, studying opportunities to reduce impact and resource consumption
- Research materials and innovative indoor air quality design strategies
- Investigate preferred site strategies for stormwater management, external comfort, heat island reduction, improved air and acoustic quality, biodiversity and ecology and enhanced user experience
- Assess renewable energy production feasibility, research viable technologies, and available funding and incentive opportunities.
The successful Graduate Sustainability applicant will have a degree in Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or Architecture with a sustainability focus on sustainability concepts (e.g. energy, carbon, water and waste). You will also require the following:
- Coursework in Sustainability concepts
- Graphic skills and experience using Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- Internship or co-op experience at a sustainability or engineering related firm would be advantageous
- Proven interest in the built environment
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Coursework in HVAC design, heat transfer or thermodynamics or energy related areas would be beneficial for a more focused energy modeling and analytics role.
As a vital member of our team, and in return for your expertise, inclusive approach and commitment, we will provide a favorable salary and the chance to join a passionate and welcoming team.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4 weeks) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Hybrid working option & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Please apply with Buro Happold today if this full-time Graduate Sustainability Engineer job sounds right for you.