2023 CMV Intern, Epidemiology
Moderna is a fast-paced biotechnology company. The objective of this Internship at Moderna is to gain a high-level understanding of vaccine development, particularly in the areas of epidemiology. The Intern will learn how a biotechnology company assesses and reviews epidemiologic information to inform the strategic direction of the program.
The Intern will work on the cytomegalovirus (CMV) team at Moderna. In particular, the CMV Intern will support the Lead Epidemiologist to conduct feasibility assessments on national databases evaluating the potential direct benefit of vaccination and conduct a comparative analyses on claims and laboratory data.
Our program offers one start date on Monday, June 5. All applicants must be available for a minimum of 10 weeks to participate in the program.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Learn how Epidemiology supports all phases of vaccine clinical development
- Conduct CMV epidemiologic research and generate evidence-based recommendations
- Review literature on the long-term outcomes of CMV disease in key markets and identify knowledge gaps
- Be introduced to the cross-functional team and key functional leads
- Develop a base knowledge of mRNA drug development and decision-making for infectious disease and vaccines
- Participate in biweekly team discussions with Health Economics Outcomes Research and Integrated Evidence Team Leads on evidence generation strategy
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Currently enrolled candidate for MPH, MS in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health, global health or pharmaceutical-related field. Exceptional BA/BS students will be considered.
- Epidemiology and biostatistics concentration, experience, or interest preferred.
- Strong interest in learning about epidemiology, biostatistics, vaccine clinical development as a career
- Must be curious, eager, open to learning, collaborative and independent.
- Technical skills: MS office and especially excel. SAS or R may be helpful, but not required.
- Personal attributes: meets timelines, team player, ability to take direction, good communication skills, can work under pressure and meet urgent deadlines.