2023 Summer Internship - Engineering
ABOUT HALLMARK’S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
We need sharp, energetic people to help us create, engineer, market, and deliver our products worldwide. Hallmark offers summer internships for students pursuing degrees in areas such as Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Communications, Engineering, Psychology, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, Computer Science and more! Hallmark’s internship program is held annually, starting late May and ending in early August, and provides the valuable opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge to meaningful projects in a corporate environment. In addition, you will gain exposure to Hallmark leadership, learn more about our products and initiatives, connect with employees and interns from other disciplines, and for hybrid or on-site internships, enjoy what life is like in the Kansas City metro area.
As an Engineering Intern, you will be exposed to either the distribution and supply chain processes utilized by Hallmark to manufacture and deliver our products, or our end-to-end consumer or customer business processes and operations that enable us to deliver products to our consumers world-wide. You will work on impactful projects rooted in real business need and will use your business acumen and problem-solving skills to understand Hallmark’s supply chain priorities, the goal of your project(s), and to research, strategize, and develop a feasible solution for your project(s) or the problem at hand. Past projects have included:
- Developing tools and standard operating procedures for understanding the paper supply chain from Hallmark’s suppliers to provide training opportunities to buyers and coordinators.
- Collecting data and working with international suppliers to standardize product specifications to reduce cost.
- Documenting key business operations processes and recommending process improvements that increase process efficiency, effectiveness, and performance.
- Optimizing Hallmark’s product flow and determining the best sourcing strategy for product, equipment, and services.
- Designing equipment used in the production and/or distribution of our products.
- Designing product and working closely with our Creative partners.
This is a challenging summer internship opportunity where you will have the opportunity to present your work and recommendations to senior leaders and business partners.
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Currently pursuing an engineering degree with a graduation date of December 2023, May 2024, December 2024, or May 2025.
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- Pursuing a degree in electrical, industrial or mechanical engineering
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (GPA must be stated on your resume).
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; both written and verbal.
- High learning agility and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Goal and results oriented; works with urgency and a high degree of personal accountability.
- Manages well through ambiguity.
- Previous internship experience in a business, logistics, operations, engineering, or supply chain field.
The final deadline for all applications is September 26th, 2022.
Interested? Follow the application instructions below to apply.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
All engineering internships will be on site at one of the following locations: Hallmark Headquarters (Kansas City, MO), Liberty Distribution Center (Liberty, MO), Production Center (Lawrence, KS), or Production Center (Leavenworth, KS). All of these locations are within 45 minutes of downtown Kansas City, MO.
ABOUT HALLMARK – Because Connecting With Each Other Has Never Been More Important
For more than a century, Hallmark has been bringing people together and improving the relationships that matter most. That’s why millions of people all over the world connect with the Hallmark brand. It has always been a mission so much bigger than any one of us who work here. Today, we need empathetic learners, strategic thinkers, and enthusiastic visionaries with diverse experiences and skills to help us create the rest of Hallmark’s second century as we shift to a more digitally savvy, unified approach that combines the best of brick-and-mortar retail with the efficiency of dot-com spaces. Help us imagine what our next hundred years could look like!
When you join Hallmark, we will go out of our way to make you feel like part of the team, even in a remote/hybrid work environment. In the day-to-day, we’ll make the best use of the skills and talents you already have. We’ll also give you leadership opportunities and show you multiple potential pathways to future success.
Our culture of care for our consumers and for one another shows in the way we embrace different backgrounds, identities, and working styles, deliberately seeking out ways to be more inclusive both internally among our work groups and externally through the things we make and sell to our retail partners and consumers. We believe that a broadly inclusive, equitable approach is also our best path to future success. We’re seeking out those who can bring a fresh perspective to our business and would love your input as someone new to our team! We can only change and grow when we intentionally include new perspectives–like yours.