Geologist - Full-Time (Oil & Gas)
Oxy is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, the Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Early career geologists will participate in Occidental’s on-the-job mentored training which includes varied short-term assignments along with in-house and industry classes and field trips providing fundamental training in petroleum geology, software, and oil and gas economics. He or she will be immersed in an exciting fast-paced environment working projects requiring teamwork, creative thinking, decision-making, and geologic and business acumen. The Early Career program is designed to provide a significant breadth and depth of experience in a variety of oil and gas provinces within the first few years of employment, and a quick progression to maturity as a professional geologist.
Oxy is a multinational company where an individual’s growth potential is defined by hard work, creativity, and desire to succeed.
- Ability to work with multiple disciplines and cross functionally
- Prepare and maintain project timeline
- Evaluate, organize and prioritize workload
- Can make decisions with little information and is comfortable with change
- Master’s Degree in Geology or related field
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale and has successfully defended their thesis
- Must have a graduation date of December 2022 – May 2023
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal/ written communication and presentation skills
- Team player and able to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Desire to pursue career in Oil and Gas Industry
- Denver, CO
- Houston, TX
- The Woodlands, TX
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.