Clinical Vet Tech Intern
**You must complete the application after clicking apply externally**
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2023 Global Internship Program as a Clinical Vet Tech Intern in Greenfield, Indiana!
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, and are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group ‘coffee chats’.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team:
- The Clinical Vet Tech Team is responsible for daily treatments on a variety of species along with triaging reported cases. Additionally, the team performs routine physicals, assists the vets, performs procedures and collects data for on-going studies.
Internship Assignment Summary:
- Develop and complete your own internal project to enhance the lives of our animals and increase business efficiency.
- Attend training sessions to learn hands-on animal handling, restraint, blood collection and dosing techniques.
- Familiarize yourself with normal and abnormal observations on a variety of species and develop treatment plans.
- Engage in professional development workshops to enhance your business acumen and professional presence
- Working towards an associate's degree in Veterinary Nursing/Technology and/or veterinary clinic experience
- Has experience with animals- rodents, rabbits, and/or canines
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and internal/external colleagues
- Embraces diverse ways of thinking through various forms collaboration and partnership