Behavior Analyst, Clinical Interventions
The Clinical Interventions Behavior Analyst position participates in clinical reviews coordinated by the Anchorage School District Special Education Coordinator. The Behavior Analyst assists in the implementation and coordination of behavior analytic interventions for students with disabilities attending the Anchorage School District across all ages and grades. The successful candidate is expected to research, develop, and implement special education curriculum and interventions related to behavior management. The successful candidate would also assist principals as needed. This position reports to and is evaluated by the Director of Special Education.
The annual salary for this position is $58,469 - $97,616, depending on experience. The work year is 215 days.
The following is required:
- A master's degree in education or a behavioral health field.
- Three years of experience working with children/adolescents with developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, mental health issues, and/or challenging behavior.
- Board certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and Licensed as a Behavior Analyst in the State of Alaska within 6 months OR within 1 year with 5 years behavior analytic experience.
The following are preferred:
- Minimum 3 years successful school-based experience.
- Evidence of exceptional communication skills, interpersonal skills, and conflict resolution skills.
- Evidence of an understanding and the ability to deal with family and school teams’ special education issue.
- Demonstration of ability to use technology for record-keeping and research.
- Demonstration of extensive knowledge of ethical practices and professional standards related to children with mental issues or disability.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides consultation, intervention, modeling, and coaching regarding behavior management, affective education and assessment of behavioral needs for students with disabilities.
- Collaborates with staff on methods of instruction for skill building and replacement behavior.
- Develops functional behavior assessments (FBAs) and behavior intervention plans (BIPs).
- Facilitates implementation and monitoring of behavior programs for students.
- Conducts professional development trainings on behavior management, progress monitoring, data collection techniques, social skills or other targeted behavior issues in collaboration with the Behavior Analyst Special Education Coordinator and Special Education Department.
- Consults with school staff regarding students with behavior needs.
- Understands State and Federal regulations relative to behavior requirements and students with disabilities.
- Provides consultation for IEP teams to support students’ placement in the least restrictive environment.
- Knowledgeable with research and evidence based strategies.
- Collaborates with special education administration and consultants in the design and implementation of effective behavior analytic trainings.
- Creates and supports the implementation of classroom wide or student specific data systems.
- Provides guidance to building level personnel regarding data review, analysis and reporting.
- Inputs information into Service Capture for Medicaid billing purposes, in the event the district moves forward with Medicaid billing for behavior analytic services.
- Provides supports and services to students who present the most significant and challenging behaviors in the district.
The Anchorage School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.