CTS - Technical Products and Services Support
- Develops, reviews, and publishes the processes and procedures required to support technical products and services for technical users. Determines the effectiveness of support documentation and reviews incidents with operations staff to ensure that procedures are clear and concise and revises support documentation as necessary.
- Qualified students will have technical knowledge in CTS products and services and be able to provide technical solutions for technical users, including hardware and software.
- Employee is expected to work four hours per weekday, totaling 20 hours per week onsite.
The desired candidate will work in a fast-paced environment and without constant supervision. For this reason, personal traits such as friendly demeanor, attention to detail, communication skills, initiative, flexibility and emotional intelligence are important characteristics for this role.
High Impact Statement:
By incorporating classroom learning into hands-on work experience as well as receiving supervision and coaching, students gain necessary tools to grow and contribute as professionals.
Career Readiness Competencies:
Career and Self-Development
- Attend all required Professional Development Training
- Read books, periodicals, and internal documentation to improve knowledge of information technology, technical products and services, and future IT trends.
- Attend classes, training, and workshops to increase IT knowledge and other relevant skills as designated by the operations team.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and stress management when self-managing and changing from one technical project/process to another.
- Obtain and convey concise problem information for external and internal operations team.
- Demonstrate consistently good customer service skills.
Equity & Inclusion
- DEI statement – CTS employees work closely with a diverse population of clients and will provide consistent, high quality support to all clients.
- Provide accurate and timely process and procedures documentation for technical products and services with an attention to detail.
- Demonstrate planning and organizational skills to manage time and due dates, research, and documentation.
- Exhibit adaptability in your role in order to manage multiple technical process/projects and be able to switch between tasks and activities.
- Assist staff in preparation and analysis of data, creating data visualizations, training materials, and preparing reports and presentations for improvements of technical support of products and services.
- Perform research using web-based and/or library-based databases to collect data, research literature or examples of relevant resources in support of CTS technical support and services including: Infrastructure and Networking, Desktop Support, Audio Visual, Information Security, Project Management, and Strategic Planning.