Engineering Intern, Embedded Controls
Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
We are seeking a motivated, results-oriented college student to join our team for the summer of 2023. The Carrier internship experience offers interns an environment that provides practical, challenging, and meaningful on-the-job work experience, and the opportunity to apply knowledge and demonstrate strengths in efforts to assist Carrier in achieving its business strategy.
Carrier Transicold helps improve transport and shipping temperature control with a complete line of equipment and services for refrigerated and commercial transport.
For more than 40 years, Carrier Transicold has been an industry leader, providing customers around the world with the most advanced, energy-efficient, and environmentally sustainable container refrigeration systems, generator sets, direct-drive, diesel truck units, and trailer refrigeration systems, as well as global service and parts. Its controls team provides solutions to make Carrier Transicold products smarter, connected, and performing.
Carrier Transicold is a part of Carrier (NYSE: CARR), a leading provider to the building and cold chain sectors with air conditioning, refrigeration, fire, and security products.
We are seeking an intern to join our controls engineering team at our R&D center located in Syracuse, NY for 2023.
- Support the Truc/Trailer and Container controls and connectivity algorithms and software testing as part of our Quality Assurance activities.
- Identify root causes of test failures by using problem-solving and troubleshooting techniques.
- Help build test automation and simulation tools to improve our testing procedure for embedded and application software (for controls, apps, IoT).
- Analyze, simulate, and test controls using modeling techniques.
- The candidate should possess embedded application software skills with microcontrollers utilizing C/C++ or MATLAB/Simulink.
- The candidate should be familiar with all aspects of the software development life cycle and processes.
- Experience using modeling and simulation for control design, testing, and implementation in a laboratory setting.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including report writing and presenting technical information.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, able to work independently, organized, and able to follow directions well.
- Knowledge and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced changing environment are essential for success in this position.
Education / Certifications
- Students entering their sophomore, junior, or senior bachelor's degree program or entering the first year of master's degree program will be considered. Students pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering with controls major.
- GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.0 GPA
- Relevant coursework or previous internships preferred