Immigration Internship (Spring 2023)
This position is expected to start around January 2023 and continue through the entire Winter/Spring term (i.e., through April/May) or into early Summer 2023 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before applying. International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school on your ability to work 40 hours per week before applying. Again, please do not apply until you know you can work 40 hours per week. This is required for external applicants. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We provide an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the Team
Tesla Immigration is responsible for managing the sponsorship of US and global work visas for company employees in compliance with immigration laws and regulations. The team is also available to support the business to secure documents necessary for international business travel.
The Immigration Intern will support Tesla’s immigration team with the administrative aspects of the immigration program. This role performs system updates with accuracy and ensures status records are current for Tesla employees.
- Save documents for record retention
- Update applicable employee records and reports in the appropriate systems
- Update status and related document information for open cases
- Assist with reporting
- Distribute document copies to employees as needed and help manage general correspondence
- Under direction request payments for processing and track status accordingly
- Represent the Tesla immigration program in a professional manner by building rapport and trust with Tesla employees in the immigration process
- Coordinate regulatory notice of filing postings for NIV and PERM cases
- Process general invitation letters supporting business travelers
- Take on other duties as assigned
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Must have excellent problem solving, organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Must be reliable, team-oriented, and have a positive, can-do attitude
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment within strict timelines
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Must have advanced Microsoft Office skills
- 1- 2 years related employment immigration experience and/or training preferred
- Understanding of U.S. immigration status documents, including I-94 arrival/departure records, visa stamps, and USCIS approval notices preferred