Biomedical Engineering Associate/Senior Associate (6074)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Biomedical Engineering Associate/Senior Associate for our Biomedical Engineering and Sciences Practice in Philadelphia, PA. In this role you will work as part of a team to solve challenging problems for our clients in the biomedical engineering space.
You will be responsible for:
- Evaluating a wide array of technologies within the Life Sciences in support of mergers & acquisitions, venture capital or similar financing deals
- Managing and executing specific biomechanics, biomaterials, implant testing, or molecular biology assays
- Designing and executing various computer simulation projects related to orthopedic, spinal, cardiovascular, women’s health products, or diagnostic medical devices
- Participating in Exponent's life sciences consulting, including analyzing tissue- implant interfaces, testing implant materials, developing finite element simulations of medical devices, assessing health outcomes and clinical data, and conducting related scientific literature reviews
- Performing regulatory strategy assessments, technical evaluations, analysis, and testing on the behalf of multinational life sciences companies for FDA and EU submissions
- Conducting technical and/or regulatory reviews as part of intellectual property or product liability litigation matters
- Publishing in peer-reviewed literature and/or presenting at scientific and industry relevant conferences
- Assisting in marketing the group’s technical and regulatory capabilities to clients and the scientific community
- Developing additional expertise and gain additional industry exposure through our unique technical consulting services
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or a related engineering field
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with mechanical testing of implants, biomaterials, and animal/human tissue desirable
- Demonstrated capabilities in the areas of analytical, computational and experimental mechanics
- Research experience applicable to medical devices highly desirable
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links.
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.