Mechanical Technician 2 (6106)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
Exponent’s Vehicle Engineering Practice provides a wide range of vehicle evaluation and testing services. We have worked with automobiles, buses, trucks, vans, bicycles, trailers, motorcycles, trains, forklifts, tractors, cranes, mining and construction equipment, ATVs, golf carts, and more. We assist clients in addressing multi-faceted issues related to accident causation, failure analysis, vehicle design, and electrical subsystems and provides complex component and full-scale product testing. A considerable asset of the Vehicle Engineering Practice is the Test and Engineering Center (TEC) in Phoenix, Arizona that is a highly capable test facility that conducts a wide range of tests that support these evaluations. Some of the tests conducted at the Phoenix facility include full-scale vehicle testing, mechanical and electronic component testing, and battery testing.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Technician 2 for our Test & Engineering Center (TEC) in Phoenix, AZ.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing vehicles and products for testing
- Assisting with the test execution
- Receiving vehicles and other products including visual inspection and documentation
- Photographing test vehicles and products received
- Maintaining laboratory equipment and tools
- Repairing and maintaining company vehicles
- Conducting tests using mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Participating in keeping the facility clean
- Performing various maintenance related tasks in a lab environment
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Applied mechanical skills with 3-5 years of experience
- Strong machining, fabrication, welding, and troubleshooting skills are preferred
- Certified ASE master technician or degree in automotive technology is preferred
- Strong knowledge in automotive diagnostics, automotive systems and hydraulics
- Good people skills and the ability to work with different personalities
- Ability to adapt to changing needs while maintaining a composed demeanor
- Strong work ethic and enthusiastic about job responsibilities
- Excellent verbal communications skills and a dedication to quality
- Must be versatile, team-oriented, and willing to work overtime
Please visit the following link to learn how Exponent and our staff are making an impact: https://info.exponent.com/our-impact
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.