Research Assistant (6066)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Research Assistant for our Health Sciences Practice in our Menlo Park, CA or Oakland, CA office. We are looking for a candidate with expertise in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Occupational, and/or Environmental Health. In this role, you will work as part of a team to provide scientific support to senior consultants on diverse projects related to human health risks from environmental, occupational, and other exposures. You will be mentored by other consultants in the Practice and will have opportunities to collaborate with consultants in other science and engineering practices at Exponent.
You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing, summarizing, and interpreting scientific literature, regulatory standards, guidance documents, and legal case materials
- Contributing to the development and writing of complex technical reports
- Conducting statistical analysis of large data sets
- Managing and organizing project-related materials
- Interacting with clients remotely and in-person
- Developing your own professional experience and qualifications
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelors in Public Health with quantitative emphasis
- 1 or more years of professional experience in a research and/or scientific project management environment
- Excellent communication, organization, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Commitment to professional development through publication and presentation of scientific research and active involvement in professional societies is preferred
- Initiative, adaptability, attention to detail, effective time management, multi-tasking capability, discretion, tact, and collegiality
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.