Help Desk Specialist
Help Desk Specialist - (Corporate Information Systems Department)
25 Amica Way
Lincoln, RI 02865
Want to turn your IT expertise into customer solutions?
The feeling is mutual.
Our Lincoln office is seeking a highly motivated individual who has a minimum of 1 year of customer service experience working on a Tier 1 help desk/service desk team. Must have strong customer service, phone etiquette, troubleshooting, writing skills, and a basic understanding of hardware and software applications. The primary responsibility of this role entails being on the phones with internal customers, effectively listening and troubleshooting their problems, opening tickets and either providing a solution from the database or escalating to Tier 2 support. Amica is known for our high level of customer service and our Help Desk Specialists are expected to provide a similar experience to our internal customers, our employees.
- Assist in providing Tier 1 support to resolve user problems by utilizing the appropriate ITSM tool, resources and acquired knowledge of software, hardware and the network.
- Apply communication and customer service skills to effectively work with users in response to their Help Desk calls.
- Record and classify received incidents and undertakes an immediate effort to restore a failed IT Service as quickly as possible, log all Incident/Service Request details, allocate categorization and prioritization codes, associate related Incidents with other records (i.e. Incidents, Problems, Knowledge Articles, Known Errors, etc.) with a responsibility to update and maintain the integrity of data in the ITSM tool.
- Assign unresolved Incidents to appropriate Tier 2 Support Group.
- Escalate Major Incidents to the Incident and\or Problem Managers and those at risk of breaching Service Level target to the Incident Process Coordinator.
- Keep users informed about their Incidents’ status, verify resolution and document Incidents in the ITSM tool.
- Own all Incidents and Service Requests reported to the Help Desk throughout the lifecycle.
- Assist users in the basic utilization of personal computer hardware and associated computer software.
- Mentored by co-workers in methods, techniques, systems and other Help Desk related areas where appropriate.
- Attend training to develop experience in new application systems and/or technologies.
- Availability for most core business hours.
- Ability to work until 6pm or 8pm when needed.
- Ability to provide off-hours coverage on a rotating basis.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience handling Help Desk inquiries or equivalent experience in Customer Service.
- Commitment to continuous learning including but not limited to, self-teaching, training sessions or seminars with a focus on skills required for the position.
- Able to take direction needed to resolve incidents quickly and effectively.
- Able to complete routine tasks independently over time. This includes gaining the functional, technical and problem-solving skills needed to complete assignments.
- Effectively communicate with the customers, manager, mentors and team members on the status of incidents. Asks relevant questions and listens attentively with patience as part of communication.
- Is committed to using and improving documentation and processes in the lifecycle of incidents.
Perks and Benefits:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick day
- Competitive salaries and exceptional benefits
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Student Loan Repayment and Tuition Reimbursement programs
- Fitness and wellness reimbursement
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee community involvement
- Strong relationships, lifelong friendships
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.