2023 University Graduates - Operations Management
Purpose: Access to affordable, reliable transportation is essential to leading productive work and personal lives, caring well for oneself, one’s family, and the needs of others. Through advanced analytics and technology, we can more accurately predict credit risk and provide more people with an affordable auto financing option for their next vehicle. That’s what GLS has done for the past 10 years, helping more than 450,000 people meet and improve their transportation needs.
People: Join a culture of over 1,000 employees who Care Deeply and Think Boldly, driving innovation in an adaptive and positive culture that celebrates successes. We empower and reward individuals and teams who make direct, positive impacts to the business and each other, who take pride in their work and are ever-raising the bar.
Growth: Recognized by Inc 5000 for the past 7 consecutive years as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America. Join GLS to grow with us!
Benefits: GLS offers the below great benefits for your amazing work!
o Competitive base pay and performance bonuses, dependent on role.
o Hybrid work environment, splitting in-office time with work from home (dependent on role)
o Medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, and other supplemental insurance benefits including long term and short-term disability
o 401K with employer match and 100% immediate vesting
o Paid time-off (PTO) and paid company holidays to help you balance work and personal life
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Parental Leave
o Business casual work environment
o Fun extras like discounts on theme park tickets, hotels, movies, events, and cellular service
What does it mean to be in Operations Management with GLS?
In Operations Management, you will ultimately be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and management of associates to ensure individual, and team performance objectives are met. This will be accomplished by training and developing team members through daily feedback, coaching, training, and recognition techniques.
How will you drive value within the organization?
- You will provide quality training, guidance, performance coaching, and feedback to assigned staff and advise and recommend training opportunities
- You will evaluate team operating processes, analyze reports and identify all performance-related issues to ensure appropriate actions are made to maximize work effectiveness
- You will establish strong working relationships with other business units
- You will support the development and maintenance of departmental operating procedures
- You will set departmental goals and develop and maintain a daily employee work schedule that effectively meets the needs of the business unit and company
- You will accept incoming calls and effectively resolve escalated complaints
- You will exercise management authority concerning staffing, performance evaluations, promotions, salary recommendations, and terminations.
What should you already have to be successful in this role?
- Strong drive, ambition, and self-motivation;
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Commitment to exemplifying the organizational core values and key competencies
- Ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
- Prepared to roll up your sleeves and work hard to accomplish your goals
- Great communication skills