Client Manager Trainee - Early Career Program (Newport Beach, CA)
Do you want to be a part of a high performing Group Benefits Sales and Client Management team?
Do you have a passion for building strong and lasting relationships with customers? Do you take pride in your ability to influence and persuade? Are you a team player? Is a culture where “People Count,” “We Do the Right Thing,” and “We Hold Ourselves to Very High Standards” important to you? If so, Guardian is seeking a Client Manager Trainee, Core Market who will be participate in Guardian’s Group Benefits Distribution Early Career Development Program, which is a 10- month structured training and mentorship program to become a Client Manager in our Group Benefits Core Market segment.
The program provides:
· Selling skills training
· Mentorship from top performers
· Product training
· Travel to in-person learning events
· Networking with Guardian Leadership and other internal business partners
This position will report into the Manager, Client Management, Core Market. These roles are based in our Regional Group Sales Offices, located in major cities across the country.
Throughout the program, this individual will effectively learn Guardian’s business environment, culture, product and service offerings and processes. The Client Manager Trainee will develop consulting, negotiation skills, operational and business acumen to become a main point of contact for the broker and their clients. These clients should view them as an expert for all products after extensive training and mentorship.
The Client Manager Trainee will become responsible for selling by adding additional employee benefit products and services to corporations with employees between 25 and 999 lives. The Client Manager Trainee accomplishes this by developing relationships with sales partners and with their assigned network of benefit brokerage relationships. These brokerage consultants work with corporate clients in need of our products and services.
• Complete training program including course work, ECP Academies and field-based curriculum.
• Develop a clear understanding of our business and our diverse Group products. Gain a thorough understanding of our complex business relationships within the brokerage community and with the clients we service.
• Obtain required industry licensing and maintain license through completing Continuing Education requirements.
• Develop communication and presentation skills to be able to present and facilitate meetings in-person and virtually with external brokers, planholders and internal partners
• Develop consultative selling skills to be positioned to consistently achieve or exceed personal sales production expectations established by management
• Develop an understanding of client business, issues, and needs through participation in client visits and proactive phone contact; assist in building, maintaining, and managing positive ongoing client relationships.
• Develop and maintain multiple benefits brokerage relationships within assigned territory.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of Guardian’s mission and Group Sales’ strategic vision, and Guardian processes, policies, and procedures, including web-site services and navigation.
• Learn the renewal process: data that supports the proposal, negotiation skills and needed partnership with underwriting, presentation delivery to the client and broker.
• Learn and understand how to identify additional lines and growth opportunities and tie them back to the customer needs.
• Become proficient in Guardian’s thought leadership materials and technology offerings and be able to explain them to brokers and clients to help them solve a variety of problems
• Develop and maintain supportive and positive relationships with all management, peers, local sales support staff, with internal business teams and all other external partners.
• Participate in the implementation of new cases and enrollment meetings.
• Support new sales initiatives developed by Guardian to increase sales of existing products and/or develop sales of new products.
• Participate in departmental and organization-wide projects and committees designed to enhance the client experience and relationship improve efficiency and improve knowledge.
• Four-year college graduate
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and collaboration skills
• Strong ability to influence and persuade
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Curiosity to ask the right questions to uncover client needs
• Ability to work with a team to achieve optimal sales results
• Goal and results-oriented with strong planning and organizational skills
• Highly energized, motivated self-starter with problem-solving skills
Up to 25% travel in the first year.
This position may call for you to come on campus or attend an in-person Guardian-sponsored event.
· The primary location for this position is Regional Sales Office – Newport Beach, CA