Corporate Finance Intern
Corporate Finance Intern
Ready to launch your career? Join the Ameriprise Financial internship program where we offer meaningful work in a FORTUNE 500® company within the Financial Services industry! The Corporate Finance internship program offers exposure to a broad range of business initiatives, along with the chance to gain experience in one of the following areas:
• Corporate Tax
• Risk & Control Services
• Risk Management
About the Ameriprise Financial Internship Program:
Our 11-week summer intern program provides experience in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an Ameriprise Financial intern, you will gain exposure to leaders, cultivate your business intuition, work on projects that directly impact the business, and network in a welcoming atmosphere. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others!
Responsibilities vary depending on assigned projects(s) and may include:
- Complete federal and state tax returns for various legal entities
- Gain knowledge about the general ledger, tax accounting, internal controls and how we report data
- Learn the steps to reach the bottom line and the relationships between separate line items
- Build decision support-based analytics for business partners
- Build cost benefit analysis, budgeting, and forecasting
- Provide the financial metrics for project management
- Balance sheet management, due diligence, and process re-engineering
Examples of past intern projects include:
- Assisted with building and maintaining financial models to drive strategic initiatives.
- Monitored trends surrounding utilization of real estate concepts to determine future state.
- Completed cost benefit analysis for departments within the organization.
- Refined Microsoft Office, especially excel, skills with real world projects.
- Current Junior at a 4-year university pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, or related field
- Graduation date of December 2023 or May/June 2024
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with others
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to pick up new concepts quickly
The company does not offer corporate undergraduate internships for students with F-1 visas.
About Our Company
At Ameriprise Financial, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals – we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you’re motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Full-Time / Part-Time
Job Family Group