Community College Internship (CCI) - Summer 2023
Are you a community college student who wants to bring science solutions to the world? Ready to work alongside incredible professionals in world-class facilities?
Do you want to develop and hone your technical skills at a national laboratory while learning from some of our nation’s best scientists, engineers, operations professionals, and technicians? Then the Community College Internships (CCI) program is for you. As a CCI participant, you’ll gain valuable hands-on experience in a technical project and build your professional network under the guidance of a mentor. You will also have opportunities to present your work to your mentors and peers, join in social activities, and engage in a variety of professional development activities to enhance your career skills.
- $650 per week (10 weeks) stipend ($6,500)
- $3,000 housing supplement
- Travel supplement if your permanent address is at least 50 miles from the Lab
- Must be a full-time community college student at an accredited institution
- Must have completed at least 6 credit hours in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology courses and have completed at least 12 credit hours towards a degree at the time of application
- Must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be at least 18 years old at the start of the internship
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident at the time of application
- Must possess medical insurance during the internship
- Students may participate in CCI twice and apply a maximum of three times
- CCI interns cannot take classes while participating in the program