Drilling & Completions Engineering Intern - Field Based (Oil & Gas)
Oxy is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, the Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Oxy’s Summer Intern Program runs from May to August for a full 12 weeks. As an Oxy intern, you will have the opportunity to experience real-life projects with hands-on participation in Oxy’s core businesses. Your summer project will be designed to add value to our operations while providing an opportunity to observe your skills and competencies in action. Oxy interns are paired with a manager and mentor in order to provide technical guidance throughout the project timeline. In addition to attending training and development courses, lunch and learns, field trips, and social activities, interns will be given the chance to meet with Oxy executives and leadership throughout the internship. Click here for more information about the intern program.
Field Based D&C Engineering Interns:
- Must apply to Oxy’s job application at www.oxy.com/students in order to be considered
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Civil Preferred)
- Must finish freshman year with a minimum cumulative 3.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must maintain minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale for future internship and full time position considerations
- Should have graduated High School in the Top 10% of their class
- Must have a graduation date of December 2025 – May 2026
- Must be willing to relocate
- Must be flexible in working either a field rotational schedule or 9/80 Work Schedule depending on logistics
- Must have a functional vehicle for transportation
- Various Field Locations in West Texas, New Mexico, Colorado or Wyoming
- Competitive salary
- Begin investing to your 401(K) and Retirement on your first day with combined 14% company matching
- Corporate Paid Housing provided at field locations
- Job Requirements and Location Logistics Determine Work Schedule
- Rotational Work Schedule. 14 consecutive days working and 7 consecutive days off repeated for the duration of the 12 week program
- Or 9/80 Work Schedule in Field
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.