2023 Summer Internship - Communications/Journalism/Graphic Design
Position Location: Motiva Corporate; Houston, TX
If you are currently enrolled as a student, Motiva’s paid, assessed Internship Program enables you to get to know our company and immerse yourself in the oil and gas industry. It gives you day-to-day involvement in actual projects selected to match your interests and abilities. A supervisor and mentor will provide you with regular assessments and performance feedback throughout your internship. This is to ensure you get the most from your experience and help you decide if a potential career with Motiva is right for you.
Following completion of a successful internship, you have the potential to be offered a returning internship or full-time role that follows Motiva’s Grad Framework dependent on your graduation date and business need.
As digital communications intern, you will benefit from working on projects that enable the Public Affairs team to consistently deliver excellence for the organization. This is an internship with an emphasis on content creation and team coordination. Some of the responsibilities you may have include:
- Collaborates with communication team members, photographers, videographers and internal clients on graphic needs of communication initiatives
- Designs web, digital, and print assets for integrated campaigns and single-use needs
- Develops artwork and identity packages for company programs and events
- Creates initial concepts, managing the art development from revisions to final production
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Pursuing a B.S or M.S. in Design, Fine Arts, Communications or related field
- A strong portfolio of artwork and graphics
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, and Illustrator required
- Knowledge of SharePoint Online and Office 365 a plus
- Time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Creative thinker who can help generate ideas and assist in executing PR campaigns and develop solutions for any challenges that may arise.
- Eager to learn new things and collaborate with a team
- Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee, temporary resident, or an individual who possesses valid work authorization. Individuals with temporary visas (H-1, H-2, J-1, F-1, etc.) or who require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Proven leadership and/or participation in extracurricular activities preferred
- Other work experience not related to position/area of study will be taken into consideration
We reserve the right to amend or withdraw Motiva jobs at any time, including prior to the closing date. Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or grade.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Motiva Enterprises LLC without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (for example, TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.