Production Engineer (New Grad - Early Career)
Are you ready to do something remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible team to solve problems that improve people’s lives? Meet Ingevity.
At Ingevity, we develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Our people come from all different backgrounds and help reimagine new possibilities daily. We understand there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. We seek out new ideas for tackling complex problems and celebrate achieving the improbable. We value each person’s unique talents and synergize them to create meaningful impact and sustainable solutions for our customers and our world.
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If these qualities describe you, we’d love for you to join Ingevity!
This opportunity is an entry-level Production Engineer role ideal for candidates early in their career with 0-2 years of experience. As a Production Engineer, you will provide day-to-day technical and engineering support to critical operating areas of Ingevity’s manufacturing environments. You’ll have the chance to assist in planning, design and installation of equipment and processes.
This position is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to develop and learn engineering fundamentals in the specialty chemicals or performance materials industries under the mentorship and leadership of experienced and inclusive teammates. You’ll have the unique opportunity to learn from industry leaders, experts in their fields and other stakeholders passionate about developing the future of Ingevity. In this role, safety and teamwork are key as you innovate and improve processes and troubleshoot problems in our production environment.
How you will impact Ingevity:
- Provide technical and engineering support for day-to-day processing and process improvements.
- Assist with troubleshooting production challenges related to equipment, processes, quality, and systems.
- Collaborate with operators; provides guidance and develop their knowledge.
- Assist with development and design of equipment and processes to support customer needs, safety/environmental compliance, and efficient manufacturing.
- Make proactive recommendations for process improvements and capital expenditures in support of the area's productivity, safety, environmental, maintenance, quality, and cost reduction objectives.
- Assist with the development of facilitates training and resources for operations on the implementation of new/improved operating procedures, safety/environmental protocol, and new/revised processes and equipment.
- Research and collaborate with other engineers and teams to develop new and improved manufacturing processes and equipment in support of the facilities productivity improvement strategies.
- Lead operation reviews and meetings as a subject matter expert, collaborator and/or project leader.
- Participate in plant committees in support of safety, environmental, organizational, quality, and manufacturing objectives.
- Be active and engaged in the safety programs of the site to build and maintain a strong safety and sustainability driven culture to achieve zero personal and process safety incidents
What you need to succeed:
- Students pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering with an anticipated graduation date on/before August 2023.
- 0-2 years of experience supporting production and/or engineering processes in a manufacturing or similar environment applying engineering fundamentals and/or relevant project management or leadership is required. Related Co-op and/or internship experience in the areas described is preferred.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills, problem solving/troubleshooting skills, and written/verbal communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and use problem solving tools.
- Ability to travel: 0-10%
This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.
- Bachelors and master’s candidates with majors in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering are preferred.
- Prior internship(s)/co-op(s) or work experience supporting production and/or engineering processes in a related manufacturing environment (i.e. chemical or materials) requiring the application of engineering fundamentals and/or relevant project management.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the academic year (September – May). For an update on the status of your application or to confirm your application was submitted correctly, please log-in to your Ingevity Careers candidate account at https://ingevity.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Ingevity.
Ingevity is a company made up of extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity and respect – a culture where everyone belongs.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.