IT Help Desk Escalation Engineer
We are seeking an IT Help Desk Escalation Engineer (ITEE) to join our team of IT professionals! Surround yourself with highly motivated experts in the tech industry and hone your skills with the guidance of our respected leadership. At Tech Networks of Boston, we fulfill mission-driven goals, and use IT for good.
This is a hybrid position. IT Help Desk Escalation Engineer will work off-site, report to the TNB office in South Boston once a week, and travel to client sites in the greater Boston area to address critical issues or perform scheduled project work.
Compensation & Benefits
- Avg. starting salary: $70,000 – $75,000 (BOE)
- Robust benefits package / opportunities for professional growth
- Access to TNB-funded IT professional learning experiences, provided for all employees looking to earn current tech certifications
- 2+ years of experience as Tier III support professional acting as the escalation point
- Direct experience as a good problem solver, willing to research via Google, CRM, Knowledge Base, and other resources to solve common and uncommon break-fix issues
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 10 End-Point Administration
- Extensive experience with Windows Server 2012 - 2019
- Demonstrated ability to manage network devices and familiarity with server roles (including Active Directory)
- Knowledge of PowerShell and administration of Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 environments
- Advanced PC/desktop expertise
- Ideal candidate characteristics: Aptitude for balancing technical proficiencies with customer service skills to de-escalate a situation
- Previous experience working at an MSP is a plus
- Experience with ConnectWise and/or Kaseya is a plus
- Industry certifications such as Network+, MCSA, MCSE, or an Associate’s degree, and/or Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Uphold TNB’s compassionate culture, dedication to sustainability, and commitment to serving our community
- Serve as escalation point for tickets requiring extensive analysis, troubleshooting, and escalation for resolution
- Identify, propose, and enforce escalation process improvements
- Provide warm, knowledgeable customer support and service for applications, desktops, servers, and network devices.
- Handle service tickets for technical assistance via phone and email.
- Follow, update, and maintain TNB Help Desk procedures and contribute to the knowledge bank.
- Respond to incoming cases of client services department as backup during peak times
- Participate in on-call rotation for nights and weekends (approximately once every 6 weeks)
If you are interested in joining our TNB team, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you wish to be considered for this position to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
TNB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
To learn more about Tech Networks of Boston, read our annual report or check out our website: