Research & Development Internships Summer 2023
Position: Lake Charles, Louisiana
Sasol Chemicals Americas is pleased to announce that we are offering Summer 2023 internship opportunities within the Research and Development department at the Lake Charles Chemical Complex in Westlake, Louisiana. We invite eager, energetic and knowledgeable candidates to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Sasol is a global integrated chemicals and energy company with a 70-year heritage. Through our talented people, we use our expertise and selected technologies to safely and sustainably source, research, manufacture, and market chemical and energy products globally.
When you join Team Sasol, you are joining a company that puts people at the center of everything we do. Sasol invests in its employees along every stage of the career path and offers development opportunities to help you cultivate your career in a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion.
The selected candidates will perform the following:
- Perform directed experiments
- Analyze products using various instrumentation and equipment
- Document and report findings
- R & D internship candidates must have completed their Sophomore or Junior year of college
- Resumes will be accepted from students majoring in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or a related field
- Candidates must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and satisfactory completion of Organic Chemistry
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience is preferred
- The hours of work are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Interns will work approximately 8 weeks and housing will be provided to eligible students living 50 miles or further from Lake Charles
- The chosen students will be required to write a final research report and make a 20-minute presentation of his or her final work to their perspective department at the end of the summer
Internships include safety orientation and training, laboratory work and guidance from a senior scientist on an actual industrial research project related to Sasol’s products and technology and critical analysis of results.
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Follow this link to learn more about Sasol and our 70-year journey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4IYMbGKv
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.