2023 START Technology Summer Intern Program - Business Analyst - NYC
2023 START Technology Intern Program – Business Analyst Track NYC
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. Known as the “bank of banks” - 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 237 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our ability to evolve, lead and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re more than 50k+ employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. Bring your ideas. Make history.
Student Technology, Agile & Readiness Training (S.T.A.R.T) Program
S.T.A.R.T. is a 10-week internship program offered by BNY Mellon, which gives high-potential students the opportunity to gain valuable, well-rounded internship experience and get a real-world look into what it's like to work for a global financial services company.
The S.T.A.R.T internship program is an opportunity not only to learn and grow, but an experience full of diverse community connections, executive engagement, and memorable events. You unlock your full potential here! How? You’re empowered to solve problems and brainstorm ideas in your own unique way.
BNY Mellon's S.T.A.R.T interns are immersed in the company's innovative and dynamic culture from the first day they arrive, as they are introduced to:
Agile project experience: The Agile Project experience we provide for our interns is best-in-class. Our interns get a first-hand look at our culture, people, business, and impact on the marketplace.
Learning & Development: Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for S.T.A.R.T participants. Gain cross-functional skills by attending learning & development sessions designed by subject matter experts.
Mentorship: Support for career development and networking from an array of corporate leaders, such as executive mentors, peer mentors, and program managers.
Career opportunities: Upon successful completion of S.T.A.R.T program based on performance and business needs Interns may receive a return offer to join one of our technology fulltime programs.
The possibilities are limitless here - you’ll gain the skills required to advance your career and have a significant impact on our business!!!
- Responsible for analyzing business functions to determine requirements and specifications for automating or improving business processes.
- Work with stakeholders to analyze, define, and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications, and operational architecture of a functional work stream.
- Ability to apply knowledge of major products and services to a variety of situations.
- Manages issues and risks related to their assigned functional work stream and is responsible for ensuring the overall success of the project.
- Works with various user stories, within agile/waterfall methodologies ensuring project best practices for successful delivery
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college pursuing bachelor’s degree with a strong focus on business and technology related majors
- Rising junior or senior (U.S.) graduating in Dec 2023 or May 2024
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Does not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where applying
- A great attitude and desire for learning
- Excellent problem solving, written and oral communication skills
- Disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently or in close collaboration
- Smart and driven individual who is passionate about learning new technologies
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.