Bank Examiner - January/July 2023
Job Description Summary
Consider a career with an organization focused on promoting a healthy regional and national economy. As a bank examiner, you will directly contribute to the trust and confidence in the nation’s financial system through challenging work assignments and rewarding professional experiences. We provide the opportunity for bank examiners who demonstrate strong leadership skills to pursue a management career path.
What Bank Examiner positions are available?
• Financial Examiners assess the financial stability of more than 185 commercial banks and nearly 900 bank and savings and loan holding companies located throughout our District by evaluating their risk profiles, analyzing financial condition, determining the effectiveness of management oversight, and reviewing compliance with banking laws and regulations.
What does a Bank Examiner do?
• Travels to state member banks (up to 50%) with a team of examiners.
• Evaluates operational and lending functions.
• Reviews compliance with internal policies and procedures.
• Gathers and analyzes information from multiple sources.
• Prepares written reports to communicate examination findings and conducts meetings with bank management.
What skills and experience do Bank Examiners need?
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a business-related field required.
• Strong written and verbal communication, analytical, problem solving, initiative, and leadership skills.
• Enjoys working in a team environment.
• Proficient computer skills in programs including, but not limited to, Word and Excel.
• Incumbent must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Are there specific requirements for Bank Examiners?
• In some cases, positions require access to confidential supervisory information, access to which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined by regulation of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, 12 CFR 268.205. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and lawful permanent resident aliens (also known as "green card holders") who are eligible for and seeking United States citizenship within the requisite timeframes.
• Bank employees may not own or control, directly or indirectly, any debt or equity interest in a depository institution and, in certain assignments, in a primary dealer of government securities. A "depository institution" means a bank, a trust company, or any institution that accepts deposits, including a bank chartered under the laws of a foreign country. This restriction also applies to an employee's spouse or minor child. Prospective hires will be required to abide by this restriction and may be asked to divest of their financial holdings as a condition of employment.
• Please attach a resume. Cover letters are encouraged, but not required.
• Applications will be pre-screened prior to interview selections. You will receive an email notification if you have been selected to interview.
Positions are open in Oklahoma City, OK and Omaha, Nebraska.
Certain eligibility requirements apply.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.