2023 University Intern - Accounting/Finance
BRING YOUR ENERGY TO AN OUTSTANDING INTERNSHIP.
Our internships allow you to provide your energy, your collaboration, and your contribution as you experience the same types of challenges as our full-time hires. We believe internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. The majority of our University New Hires come through our intern program. Get more information at https://p66oncampus.jobs.
Summer internship activities may include the following:
- Orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, and weekly seminars to help you learn about the four segments in which Phillips 66 competes: Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties.
- Opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders.
- Participate in continuous coaching conversations with your manager, who will provide direction throughout your internship.
- A devoted mentor will help you with the challenges of your role and assist in navigating through the day-to-day questions regarding working in the corporate world.
- Present at the end of the summer to senior business leaders and key stakeholders. Giving you an opportunity to demonstrate what you learned in your internship and provide insight on your experience.
Our Accounting/Finance function is responsible for translating business events into the financial story for Phillips 66. We partner with business leaders to provide information and insight used to make business decisions. From transactional accounting through external reporting, we take pride in the financial integrity we bring to the company. We promote an inclusive workplace that enables our diverse talents to innovate, create value and deliver extraordinary performance.
A summer internship with Phillips 66 Accounting/Finance offers a challenging job assignment in a fast-forward environment for analytical and creative thinkers who can drive solutions that maximize shareholder value and keep us on solid financial ground:
- You will be responsible for providing, accounting, finance, business analysis, and decision support to operations and management. In addition, you will get hands-on experience and insight into a future position with Phillips 66.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that allows you to apply what you have learned in school, experience the professional world, and build a strong foundation for success.
- Interact with other interns, employees, and leaders with diverse experience, learning from their innovation and creativity while deepening your critical thinking skills and contributing to future success.
- Exposure to various systems will give you real-world experience working in Excel, SAP, Alteryx, Tableau and more.
- Summer internship opportunities are located primarily in either Bartlesville, Oklahoma or Houston, Texas. There may be potential at other company operated assets.
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Accounting, Finance or equivalent field of study
- Greater than 30 hours of earned college credit
- Graduation date of August 2023 or later
- Available for a minimum of ten continuous weeks
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale
- Pursuing a minimum of 9 hours of Accounting
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
- Previous internship or co-op participant in a related industry
- Willing to work in any of our operating locations