Curriculum Innovation & Design Coordinator
Job Summary: We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Curriculum Innovation & Design Coordinator to join our Youth Development team. This role will bring a fresh perspective, and knowledge of afterschool programming trends, to lead a team in updating current Camp Fire afterschool curriculum and creating new innovative curriculum. The primary responsibilities will include: leading the Curriculum Innovation & Design team to originate new curriculum, provide engaging curriculum training to all Camp Fire First Texas Youth Development afterschool professionals, beta testing new curriculum to ensure student satisfaction, collect quantitative and qualitative data for all trend and impact reports, design a values-centric rubric to measure all new and current curriculum, research national afterschool curriculum design trends, manage two supporting staff members.
Key Area of Responsibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. …Program Operations
• Conduct ongoing national research to develop quality afterschool curricula and learning resources for students Kinder-5th grade.
• Design new curriculum focused in the areas of S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engineering, arts, agriculture, and math), S.E.L. (Socio-Emotional Learning), and Outdoor Education using Universal Design Learning framework.
• Assist the Curriculum Innovation & Design team in beta testing each new curricula that is created to collect valuable feedback from Camp Fire students and afterschool professionals across a diverse range of ages, genders, ethnicities, and geographical regions.
• Provide interactive hands-on curriculum training for Camp Fire afterschool professionals to ensure all lessons are facilitated in an engaging manner.
• Design a values-centric rubric to measure if lessons within the curriculum meet “thriving” success indicators of student engagement and innovation.
• Collect trend and impact data to show effectiveness of all curricula based upon the Curriculum Innovation & Design success indicators and values-centric rubric.
• Submit monthly qualitative and quantitative reports on all data collected.
• Supervise the Curriculum Innovation and Design Lead Specialist and Curriculum Innovation and Design Specialist.
• Any other duties that may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Youth Development, Human Services or any other equivalent area of education.
• At least 1-2 years working with youth in a licensed afterschool center, community afterschool setting, elementary school setting, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience in managing two or more staff members.
• Experience creating innovative and engaging lesson plans for students between Kindergarten-5th grade.
• Experience in research and development of afterschool trends.
• Excellent communication and public speaking skills to provide trainings to afterschool professionals.
• Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
First Aid / CPR certified
• Ability to lift 40 pounds
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Ability to use office equipment including copiers, computers, and telephones
• Communicate with families, school partners, community partners, and the public, in a positive and professional manner through all forms of correspondence