Lab Processing Technician
The Lab Processing Technician will be responsible for working within the Clinical Studies' processing lab. The technician will receive both internal and external clinical samples, isolate specific cell types, and process the samples according to the collaborator's request. Lab duties will include PBMC isolation from whole blood and leukapheresis samples, RNA/DNA extraction, cryopreservation, order and stock lab reagents and supplies, lab maintenance, data entry and tracking. The lab technician will provide additional support in coordinating processing requests and setting up logistics for various studies. Occasional courier services required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive blood samples as they are delivered, drawn in the Institute, or scheduled to be picked up.
- Peripheral blood mononuclear cell (PBMC) isolation and cryopreservation.
- RNA/DNA extraction.
- Data entry & tracking.
- PDF invoices and file organization.
- Enter patient demographics/information utilizing multiple database systems.
- Organize, track, and/or deliver samples within the Institute or store for future use
- Reagent preparation and supply inventory.
- Routine lab maintenance.
- Follow all standard operating procedures including safety and quality standards.
- Interact with research staff in an effort to process samples in accordance with the procedures of each study.
- Candidates must have:
- Some laboratory experience.
- General knowledge of lab equipment, bio-safety cabinet, and aseptic technique.
- Some knowledge in cell cultures and molecular biology.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/knowledge.
- Attention to detail and effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to handle repetitive and stressful situations caused by high volume and deadlines.
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet business unit requirements, which may include extended hours or early/late shifts.
- Ability to work effectively and maintain organization while in a fast-paced environment by multi-tasking and delegating or asking for help when necessary.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants please submit the following in a single attachment:
1. A brief cover letter relating how your talents fulfill the criteria for this position
2. Your resume/CV
3. A minimum of two references (three preferred)