RESEARCH ASSOCIATE FOR ANALYTICAL EXTRACTION
Toxikon Corporation is seeking a Research Associate for our Analytical Chemistry Department. Candidates will be responsible for providing technical expertise in supporting preclinical studies conducted under GLP, ISO 17025, and various other regulatory agencies. Excellent communication skills needed as this position works closely with other research associates and scientists. Individual must be highly organized to handle multiple projects on an ongoing basis.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Must have experience with solution and reagent preparation
· Experience with methods of sample preparation of solid and liquid samples
· Assist in managing inventory for all laboratory supplies
· Ability to independently solve both technical and theoretical problems and deal with a variety of variables related to the lab and the scientific conduct of studies.
· Operate, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment
· Experience with analytical instrumentation, such as HPLC, TOC, FTIR, and IC preferred.
· Perform chemical analysis using required methods under SOPS , as well as FDA, GLP and other regulatory guidelines
· Responsible for documentation, labeling and quality control related to assigned analysis
· Meet project deadlines including the completion of technical work to appropriate standards
· Work in conjunction with other research associates, study directors, quality assurance and to ensure all study aspects are conducted per scientific and regulatory requirements.
· Good interpersonal skills, proficiency with computers, organization and time management skills are required.
· Candidates should have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Chemistry or related science field.
· Must have some knowledge of GMP/GLP regulations in an analytical laboratory setting.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment.
This position is located in Bedford, MA.