Litigation Paralegal (In-office)
Litigation Paralegal (In-office)
The Chicago office of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP is looking for a Litigation Paralegal to support the Litigation group. Willkie is an elite international law firm of approximately 1,000 lawyers located in 13 offices in six countries.
The paralegal will be responsible for providing organizational and project based support to the senior litigation paralegals attorneys from case inception through case closure, and will be responsible for the coordination of all details before, during and after trial.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Creates and implements all elements of litigation case management systems, including file management (electronic and hard copy), case calendaring, discovery-related tasks and trial activities
• Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
• Assist attorneys with document reviews (setup, coordination of hot doc binders, preparation of privilege logs, conduct searches as needed, etc.)
• Assist with preparation of state and federal court filings in coordination with Managing Attorney’s Office, including coordination of service copies, delivery of documents to Court, preparation of litigation backs and other specific document preparation as required by the specific Court or Judge
• Draft and review routine legal documents as requested by attorneys
• Conduct precedent and legal research under attorney supervision
• Comfortable interacting with outside entities (e.g. courts, government agencies, expert witnesses, corporations, vendors and other law firms) to gather information or coordinate activities as needed in support of upcoming depositions, trials, arbitrations.
• Create and maintain effective working relationships with others to facilitate a positive work environment
• Impeccable writing and communication skills, excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
Experience and Required Qualifications:
• BA or BS degree and/or Paralegal Certification
• Strong attention to detail and accountability
• Ability to communicate with individuals of all levels within the firm in a courteous and professional manner
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work concurrently on a variety of matters and manage time and expectations
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
• Excellent judgment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro
• Must be available for overtime and travel (for trials) as needed
• Ability to sit at a desk most of the working day and walk short distances
• Needs manual dexterity, speed and accuracy in handling office equipment
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption
• Ability to work in close proximity to other individuals
• Ability to carry light objects, e.g., files, small objects and supplies a short distance.
Willkie Farr & Gallagher is an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, age, religious creed, citizenship, citizenship status and alienage, nationality, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity or creed, disability, genetic information or medical condition, pregnancy or maternity, paternity, marital or civil partnership status, caregiver status, gender (including gender identity, expression, nonconformity, gender reassignment or status as a transgender individual), sex, sexual orientation or preference, veteran or military status or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let the hiring manager know.