Athletics Event Staff
The position is responsible for assisting with special events and gameday event and operations at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. You will be working closely with the event management staff before, during, and after home NCAA competitions and for events held for alumni/donors, or community partners. Our athletic department consists of 15 NCAA Division II varsity sports that compete in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. We also host campus club teams, intramural groups and facility rental to various organizations. This position reports to the Assistant Athletic Director of Events and Operations. You may be required to work weekends and evenings.
A. Facility Operations / External Rentals • Ensure that all equipment follows safety regulations, NCAA guidelines and federal, state, and county public health and safety regulations. • Work with the Assistant Athletic Director of Events & Operations to understand facility policies and procedures to include facility access, emergency action plans, standard operating procedures, and preventative maintenance. • Assist with overseeing external rentals and the upkeep of the building
B. Game Day
• Organize and perform game day operations including locker room, official area and team bench preparation, serving as event manager for athletic games.
• Prepare and assist in the maintenance of the outdoor athletic fields for competition.
• Assisting with setup & tear down of all athletic events.
• Helping out with concessions and ticketing for events.
• Working on-field/on-court where help is needed (floor mopping, ball shagging, and etc.)
C. Special Events
• Work with the Assistant Director of Athletics of Advancement and Partnerships with the preparation and execution of special events for donors/alumni, or community partners.
• Assist with the execution of in-game promotions and the management of the marketing table at Parkside home events.
• Work the Marketing and Ticketing Coordinator with the execution of Ranger Cub Club events.