SponsorUnited is one of the fastest growing sports & entertainment tech platforms in the world, connecting the entire partnership ecosystem through the most comprehensive and valuable marketing and sales data available anywhere.
With over 1,000 partnerships across sports, music, media, brands and agencies and executives located across 75+ cities worldwide, SponsorUnited was one of the first fully-distributed organizations in sports & entertainment.
Music Sponsorship Scout
SponsorUnited’s experiential training program, SponsorUniversity, is unlike any other internship program. Participants will get an all-access pass to the music, arts, and entertainment industry and its dynamic relationship with sponsorship, as well as experience with in-person event sponsorship scouting. This experience goes beyond the classroom and puts you in the action! The upcoming SponsorUniversity term will run from August 2022 - December 2022. This is an unpaid position with the opportunity for academic credit and is entirely remote.
Time Needed: 10-15 hours per week
*Candidates from all countries are encouraged to apply!*
Areas of Focus:
- Art Exhibits and Festivals
- Concert Venues and Music Festivals
- Food & Beverage Festivals
- Music,TV, & Film Awards Shows, Film Festivals
- Performing Arts
- Culture/Heritage Events
- Parades, Fairs, & Carnivals
- Amusement Parks, Zoos & Aquariums
- Complete an online sponsorship training course that will cover the sports and entertainment industry at large and how-to information on using the SponsorUnited platform
- In-person concert, festival, and other non-sports event sponsorship scouting to collect data on venue advertising.
- Analyze streaming broadcast’s sponsorship content during concerts and festivals, particularly virtual ones.
- Collect and input sponsorship data from music radio and streaming services and award shows.
- Conduct in-depth research on digital sponsorships through official concert and festival websites as well as their social media resources.
- Assist music team as needed with special projects and research.
- Flexibility to cover sporting events and any other SponsorUnited duties as assigned.
- Extra research into further areas of the music industry, directed case studies designed to put the industry players and their connections into a ProTool-friendly context.
Benefits to Students:
- Exposure to information that's only seen by professionals above the director level
- Qualify for college credit towards degree
- Work remotely under a flexible schedule
- Weekly supplemental information touching on in-depth aspects of marketing and sponsorship
- Earn a certificate of completion upon "graduation" from the program to show off your ability to navigate the SponsorUnited database
- Potential opportunities to explore other areas of music/entertainment business (i.e. Client Services, Sales, Marketing, Data Analytics, HR, etc.)
- Commitment to 15 hours worth of scouting, meeting, demo preparation and research
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong engagement and initiative
- Time flexibility for certain events that other departments are depending
- Patience with repetitive work that requires you to be detail-oriented
- Constant communication with all team members to help streamline important projects and reports