Mechanical Engineering Co-op
Housing: SSAB will provide to you, for the duration of your assignment, a fully furnished apartment. All rent and utilities, including electric, gas, water, and cable will be paid directly by SSAB. Relocation assistance available.
Job location: Mobile, Alabama
Mechanical Maintenance Co-Op
SSAB: SSAB´s vision - a stronger, lighter, and more sustainable world.
SSAB is the leading steel plate and coil manufacturer in North America. We are a green company, using electric furnaces to recycle scrap into new steel. At SSAB, you will expand your world by working in a global context as well as by continuously developing your skills and knowledge. Working here means that you will need to participate and engage yourself to achieve results and drive improvement. You must also share our care for our customers, our fellow colleagues and our environment.
· The MCOP will work daily with Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Planners, the Shift Mechanical Technicians. The MCOP will be required to attend and adhere to all safety training classes, rules and regulations, and be part of the plant safety culture. The MCOP may be required to assist in vacation coverage, maintenance outages, and/or safety investigations as is deemed necessary.
- The MCOP will be required to have completed at least two (2) years toward a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum GPA required: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Proficient in Autodesk Autocad
- Familiarity with mechanical drawings: assemblies, details and bill of material
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Prior heavy industrial experience a plus, but is not mandatory.
- Any knowledge or experience in the following areas is a plus:
Hydraulic schematics reading
Autodesk Autocad Mechanical and/or Inventor
KEY EXPECTED RESULTS:
- Excellent safety awareness
- Dedicated and hard worker
- Must be punctual
- Team membership skills/goal oriented
- A self-starter
- Able to learn, adapt, and change quickly
- Able to meet high professional standards
- Quality conscious
- Good communicator – oral & written
· Successful function as part of a team
· Work in a heavy industrial environment safely and proficiently.
· Develop the necessary skills and thought processes an engineer needs to make a positive impact on the business
· Develop ability to troubleshoot and diagnose complicated equipment issues
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
· Position is full time, non-exempt, and is eligible for overtime
· Position works (8) hours a day, Monday-Friday (days only)