Outreach District Executive - Winston Salem, NC
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
Today's professional Scouters are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference, work that calls one to continual learning and challenge, work that offers solid compensation, benefits and advancement.
- Work with a volunteer board of directors and other community and business leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide, and inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
- Be responsible for extending programs to religious, civic, fraternal, educational, and other community-based organizations through volunteers. Focusing on at-risk youth in underserved areas of Forsyth County, NC.
- Plan and execute creative programs on a weekly basis for youth utilizing the BSA resources and guidebooks.
- Ensure that all program sites are served through volunteers, regular leader meetings, training events and activities.
- Collaborate with adult volunteers and oversee achievement of training for their respective role.
- Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working relationships with other professionals and volunteers.
- The executive must have communication skills and be able to explain the program’s goals and objectives to the public.
- Provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
A bachelors degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary of $40,200, Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, a Match Savings plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous PTO policy and BSA holiday observances.
How to Apply - Please submit your resume to David Gilbert at JDavid.Gilbert@scouting.org.