Ranger Power (“Ranger”) is a renewable energy development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Ranger develops utility-scale solar and battery storage projects around the United States. The company is comprised of experienced renewable energy professionals and is looking to grow its team.
Ranger Power is looking for a full or part-time intern to support its development team. The Development Intern will be involved in all aspects of solar power project development, helping to review and prepare real estate contracts, completing various mapping exercises, preparing presentations for various team members, and gaining exposure to the development process. This position provides individuals with an opportunity to gain exposure to both the development and project management sides of the business. Candidates should have some interest and possibly familiarity with the renewable energy industry and real estate, and excitement about furthering Ranger Power’s mission to increase community-supported solar power.
- Real Estate Contract Review and Preparation: The candidate will prepare various real estate contracts at the direction of the Company.
- Title Curative Work: The candidate will review various real estate title commitments, organize data, and engage with respective counterparties in order to identify and cure real estate encumbrances.
- Preparation of Mapping: The candidate will use mapping software including Google Earth, and ArcGIS in order to prepare various deliverables at the direction of the Company.
- Support Development Work: The candidate will work closely with the development team on a wide range of solar projects to offer support on a wide range of tasks, including travel to the project sites.
- Reflect Well on Ranger Power: Always deal with stakeholders, including landowners, government officials, contractors, and counterparties, in a manner that is ethical, professional, and respectful.
- Prepare Quality Work Product: Prepare project documents, reports, presentations, and other work product timely, completely, and accurately.
- College Student or College Graduate
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong project management skills; able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team and take the initiative to follow up as needed
- Experience in the solar and/or real estate industry is a plus, but not required
Chicago, IL or remote
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Ranger Power is an equal opportunity employer.
Start Date: ASAP