Postdoctoral Fellow – Protein biochemistry or Molecular/Cell Biology (Open)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Postdoctoral Fellow – Protein biochemistry or Molecular/Cell Biology
What you will do
Let’s do this! Let’s change the world. During this program, you will be provided with an enriching environment to encourage innovation that will contribute to the development of human therapeutics.
The lab of Dr. Jixin Cui and Dr. Saptarsi Haldar in the Cardiometabolic Research Department at Amgen is seeking a dedicated protein biochemist or molecular/cell biologist to perform independent research to understand the molecular mechanism and regulation of protein homeostasis in the heart.
The postdoctoral fellow will be tasked to identify novel mechanisms of the protein quality control and protein degradation systems, especially those that regulate cardiac functions under physiological or pathological conditions, and will enjoy an exciting multi-disciplinary research platform combining protein biochemistry and biophysics, cell biology, human genetics, structural biology, proteomics, and animal models. The successful candidate will have the chance to create key scientific contributions to and establish him/herself in the fields of protein homeostasis and cardiac biology. This role will be encouraged and expected to independently develop a research program based on initial studies and to present at scientific conferences and publish in leading journals. The postdoctoral fellow will be strongly supported by Amgen’s cutting-edge technologies and interact closely with a cross-functional team of Amgen’s distinguished scientists. The scientific eminence and technical expertise developed during the training will enable the postdoctoral fellow to thrive in future career.
The postdoctoral position is for 3 years with the option to extend for an additional year.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dedicated individual we seek is a scientist with these qualifications.
- PhD at the time of appointment
- PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology, molecular biology, structural biology, pharmacology, or physiology
- Experience with elucidating the molecular mechanism of a phenotype using in vitro, cellular, or animal models
- Record of independent critical thinking and the ability to design, execute, and interpret experiments, as exemplified by high-quality publications
- Research experience in protein quality control, protein degradation, or cardiac biology is a plus
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.