Entry Level Water Engineer
Arcadis is currently searching for Water/Wastewater Engineers to support and grow our team in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are looking for dedicated, creative, and energetic candidates interested in tackling challenges and developing sustainable solutions to address water issues. Collaborating with our experienced water professionals, you will support and drive the development of projects, interact, and work with clients, and develop your technical capabilities.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, theories, and practices related to water/wastewater/stormwater
- Excellent technical aptitude with a familiarity/ experience with—for example—CAD, AutoCAD, Revit, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM, EPANET, Modflow (all are not required, any experience with these would be helpful)
- Evaluate, plan, design and support management of projects for water/wastewater/ stormwater treatment and conveyance (pipelines and pumping facilities).
- Support project management efforts, such as managing project task scopes, budgets, and client deliverables
- Assess, develop, and support management of sustainability and resilience projects.
- Exercises judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Perform fieldwork activities such as site visits, construction inspection, sampling, water quality analyses, asset inventory, flow monitoring set-up and monitoring, technology evaluations, and plant operations information, process troubleshooting and optimization.
- Support Asset Management projects performing data analytics, operational and organizational assessments, condition assessments and overall performance evaluations of water/wastewater/stormwater facilities
- Preparation of reports, presentations, and other audio-visual materials, and participate in client meetings.
- Use digital tools to enhance customer experience, team and client collaboration, and project delivery including configuration and deployment of SharePoint, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Power BI, and Augmented Reality, as well as designing and managing databases and cloud-based computing services
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or a closely related engineering discipline).
- Ability to obtain EIT within one year of hire
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior work/internship experience at a design or consulting engineering firm or municipal work environment.
- Familiarity/ experience with CAD, AutoCAD, Revit, BIM
- EIT certification