Help Desk Analyst Co-op
The Help Desk Analyst Co-op troubleshoots and resolves issues related to operating systems, applications, hardware failures, printing problems, user accounts, etc. with exceptional interpersonal skills and a focus on building customer rapport and listening.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Includes but not limited to):
- Field incoming support requests from end users via telephone and email, in a courteous manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to operating system, applications, hardware failures, printing problems, user accounts, etc.
- Answer hardware and software general usage questions.
- Build a rapport and elicit problem details from customers.
- Document all pertinent end user information and nature of problem or issue; record the information in an online ticketing system.
- Provide status information on open support requests.
- Assign support requests (when required) to the appropriate support technician or analyst.
- Escalate issues as needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance in the office is required.
- Full-time student pursuing an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or similar field required.
- A student that has completed at least 24 college credit hours is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, such as desktops, laptops, mobile devices and peripherals.
- Experience with desktop operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Macintosh OSX.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Skype for Business.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on building customer rapport.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
The duration of this co-op is January to August, 7:30am - 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Housing Stipend Assistance Program available to those who qualify.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company-paid background check required upon hire.