ASSOCIATE SPECIALIST - SPECIALIST - SUBCONTRACTS
Who We Are:
The Subcontracts Group of the Purchasing Department is responsible for the solicitation, negotiation, award, documentation, administration, and closeout of subcontracts. The team assists Project Managers in all phases of the subcontract.
Objectives of this Role:
- Solicit, award and administer Subcontracts and Subawards to support Institute clients.
- Take a lead role to successfully manage the agreements with subcontractors from cradle to grave to include RFPs, awards,modifications,etc. for various Federal, State, and other funding sources.
- Support the team Group Leader, Subcontracts Manager and team members in cost/price analysis, market research, negotiations, researching prime contract terms and flowdowns, and approving subcontract invoices.
- Adhere to all compliance and auditing requirements for the conduct of ethical and transparent operations including compliance with all SwRI policies and guidelines.
- During a subcontract period of performance, monitor the terms of the subcontract including progress, plans, invoices and payments. Address change orders, modifications or disputes in a timely manner.
- Be a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Solicit proposals and negotiates, awards and administers subcontract sof various types and complexity.
- Award Teaming Agreements to support contracts with Institute clients. Evaluates subcontractor proposal responses.
- Conduct cost/price analysis, Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions and finalize subcontracts and other agreements (subgrants, CRADA's, etc.). Administer subcontracts to include closeout duties.Create, review, edit, and manage subcontractor modifications and other documents.
- Primarily support federal programs as well as some commercial and state/local government programs.
- Analyze risks and identify risk mitigations.
- Regularly interact with internal customers to include program management, contracts, accounting, legal and others as required.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations, corporate policies and best practices. Research, analyze, coordinate, develop and maintain business documentation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Business or related; Master's Degree a plus.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively resolve subcontract issues of varying degrees of complexity with subcontractors & internal customers
- Time management and analytical skills necessary for problem solving, risk assessment and subcontract execution
- 0-5 years: Contracts or Subcontracts negotiation, award and administration
- Working knowledge and experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARs), & other supplements, & 2 CFR 200 (or OMB Circular A-133)
- 0-5 years: Managing contract requirements as negotiated, including compliance activities.Experience with personal computers. Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and Word experience preferred Knowledge of general business practices and procedures
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Must be a U.S. person (i.e., U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen national, lawful permanent resident, asylee, or refugee) due to ITAR work in section.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
Military Friendly: Your military experience may apply to this position
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace