Deloitte GPS Consulting | Solutions Engineering Summer Scholar
Deloitte Consulting, Government & Public Services - Summer Scholar (2023 Start)
When organizations undergo significant changes, face difficult roadblocks, seek process efficiency or identify technological opportunities, they need a trusted advisor to help them drive decisions and navigate challenges. Our Summer Scholars collaborate with our clients to deliver strategies to help them adapt to their unique challenges, opportunities, and meet their objectives. We are seeking candidates with outstanding leadership experience, strong academic performance, and excellent communication skills to join our Government and Public Services practice.
Work You’ll Do
As a Summer Scholar, you will be an integral member of a client service team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve multidimensional problems, improve performance, and generate value for our clients. You can capitalize on our cross-industry presence to find your niche and build your individual brand within the organization. This person should have strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to solve complex problems and communicate findings.
While a career in consulting is dynamic and evolving, we look for people who will perform in specific areas, grow those related skills, and deliver exceptional results to our clients. We recognize that you have unique skills, experiences, and interests, so we divide the broad scope of the Summer Scholar role into skills-based profiles in order to best align each Summer Scholar with a focus area. Setting our people up for success is our highest priority. We are currently recruiting Summer Scholars whose skills and interests align with one of the following areas:
Solutions Engineering Summer Scholar
- This Summer Scholar has a pioneer mindset when it comes to technical solutioning. This Summer Scholar is a tinkerer, problem solver, programmer, and amateur hacker who enjoys applying these skills in their work. This Summer Scholar enjoys rolling up their sleeves to make things work and isn’t afraid to challenge teammates and clients to push beyond conventional designs and thinking to develop deeper capabilities. This Summer Scholar is a future technical architect who wants to code now and in the future. Majors: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and other Technical degrees deep in programming languages
Our practitioners will be able to maintain the specialization they have built to date in certain areas while also learning how it connects to broader issues in the market. We are committed to continuously supporting our practitioners as they build skills in either one specific part of our business or across the business – our Portfolio is structured to facilitate this learning. Engagement teams at Deloitte drive value for our clients but also understand the importance of developing resources and contributing to the communities in which we work. We make it our business to take issue to impact, both within and beyond a client setting.
- Junior standing in a full-time academic program with target graduation dates between December 2023 and August 2024, with academic area of study in the following or related majors: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and other technical degrees deep in programming languages
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
- Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
How You’ll Grow
Throughout the course of the internship program, you’ll receive formal and informal mentorship and training. Our Summer Scholar training program provides a view both into the technical skills as well as critical professional behaviors, standards, and mindsets required to make the most of your internship. The program includes a variety of team-based, hands-on exercises and activities. Beyond the formal training, you will work with talented consulting professionals, granting you access to ask questions and gain valuable real world experience while working on client engagements. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our People and Culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
This position will take place in Summer 2023 (tentatively June - July 2023).
- Arlington, VA
How to Apply
To submit an application for this position, you will need to complete the below steps by August 17, 2022 at 11:55pm EST:
- Apply via Handshake by uploading your resume and unofficial transcript(s).
- Apply via the Deloitte website (required for legal purposes) by going to this link and completing a profile by uploading your resume and unofficial transcript(s).
- Complete a Candidate Personal Data Survey at this link.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 103743