International Tax Intern (Summer 2023 - All Locations)
We are looking for an International Tax Intern to join the team for this full-time opportunity from April/May to August 2023.
Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 15 states across the Midwest and western United States, and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent free lunches, snacks, lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day in the life of an International Tax Intern with Eide Bailly might include the following:
- Prepare individual tax returns for clients who have foreign income and foreign assets.
- Assist with many different filings such as foreign corporations, treaty returns, withholding, and FBAR's
- Work with awesome professionals to ensure individual and business tax returns are completed correctly and by the required deadline.
- Look at tax situations from various angles to ensure the maximum tax benefit is applied.
- Network and build relationships across the Firm.
- Assist in research projects and memo writing.
Who You Are
- You have interest in learning US reporting of International income and assets.
- You work hard without being micro managed
- You work though challenging projects and meet deadlines.
- You can take direction from multiple people and communicate well with them.
- You hold yourself to the highest professional standards and maintain strict client confidentiality.
- In addition to all of this, you are working toward a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a LLM in taxation.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our About Us page.