Spring 2023 ACS Web Development Intern
McKenney’s has been going strong for more than seven decades, providing services and expertise to our customers at every stage of their buildings. Always on the lookout for top talent, we offer co-op experiences at colleges around the Southeast, helping students grow their careers and build firm foundations for their futures. The Development Intern position will also work closely with the innovation group responsible for discussing new applications and enhancements to current products, as well as planning release schedule.
As a Development Intern with our Automated Control Systems’ team, you would assist the dev team in creation, testing, and deployment of software utilities to improve the customer experience and enhance the productivity of the field teams. These tasks would include, but are not limited to:
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Building/editing software using HTML/CSS, Splunk, SQL, java and/or python
- Deploy apps utilizing Express Server
- Researching IoT products that can be offered
- Communicating with external partners/vendors
- Creating/maintaining API integrations
- Documenting new processes and systems
- Working with HTML/XML based web page hosting
- JAVA or Python program coding
- Query language-based data analysis and representation
- GUI style logical programming
- REACT based app development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Must be a self-starter, with ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
- Ability to maintain painstaking attention to detail while completing multiple or repetitive tasks
- Able to demonstrate a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
- Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
- Must project a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust
Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited 4-year undergraduate degree program with a technology-related major and must be able to complete at least 3 rotating full-time co-op terms prior to graduation.
We believe future leadership starts in the classroom, which is why we’ve partnered with co-op programs for over 30 years. We offer mentoring and career advancement opportunities to provide a meaningful co-op experience. Consistently named one of the “Best Places to Work” in Atlanta and Charlotte, we provide an environment that gives our co-ops the opportunity to perform meaningful work from the start.
Moving Safety Forward, our initiative for continuous improvements in our safety culture, reminds us that we are on a journey toward a zero-incident culture. In all we do, we must work to build a partnership with our employees, customers and business associates that empowers them all with the ability to do their jobs safely.
McKenney’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to age, color, religion, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or gender identity. McKenney’s is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.