Investment Banking Winter Analyst
H.C. Wainwright & Co. is a boutique investment bank based in New York City with a focus on the Life Sciences sector. The firm is dedicated to providing Corporate Finance, Strategic Advisory, and related services to both public and private companies across multiple sectors and regions.
The Healthcare Investment Banking Group at H.C. Wainwright is currently seeking an Investment Banking Winter Analyst to join their team for the duration of the Fall semester.
The team focuses on providing Public Capital Markets, Private Capital Markets, Strategic Advisory, M&A Advisory, and other services for a diverse set of clients in the Life Sciences and Biopharmaceuticals sectors.
Winter Analysts at H.C. Wainwright work as members of deal teams, providing a broad range of services to the Firm’s clients. Analyst responsibilities include building financial valuation models, creating client presentations, engaging in due diligence processes, and conducting company and industry research. Winter Analysts will work predominantly in the Biotech space.
H.C. Wainwright offers an entrepreneurial culture where Winter Analysts regularly interact with senior bankers and clients, and are asked to make meaningful contributions to deals. This Winter Analyst will work on high profile, complex engagements and transactions in close coordination with senior bankers.
Candidates should possess a strong professional track-record and be able to demonstrate a thorough grasp of financial concepts. Other qualities we look for are: a strong work ethic, a positive and collaborative attitude, clear and concise communication skills, and the desire to take initiative and be the best at what he/she does.
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of client presentation and transaction materials
- Conduct company and industry research
- Develop and deliver expert industry knowledge
- Build complex financial valuation models
- Provide ideas and leverage to senior bankers on new business opportunities
- Monitor and analyze financial information (economic, industrial, and corporate developments) to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions for use in advising clients on deals
- Establish and maintain the respect and trust of clients
- Engage in due diligence processes
- Offer deal execution support
- Targeting current juniors (class of 2024), but open to other school years
- Minimum GPA 3.4 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Science majors and those with a background in Healthcare are strongly encouraged to apply, particularly those with an interest in Biotechnology
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Successful completion of, or enrollment in, finance and/or accounting coursework
- Strong interest in financial markets, aptitude to learn, and demonstrated history of strong academic performance and professional drive
- Strong interest in the Biotechnology sector
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Strict attention to detail
- Be able to follow detailed instructions and think on their feet
- Sense of humor
- Paid Internship
- In-person option available for those in the New York City area
- Remote option available for highly qualified applicants outside of New York