Commonwealth Public Service Intern
Are you searching for a paid internship? The Department of Revenue is seeking an accounting intern to work alongside our Revenue Tax Auditors in our Pittsburgh Regional Office for the Bureau of Audits. As an accounting intern, you will gain real work experience and knowledge while laying the foundation for a rewarding career.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
In this internship program as a Commonwealth Public Services Accounting Intern, you will learn and actively participate in field audits of taxpayers to determine compliance with applicable Commonwealth of Pennsylvania laws and regulations. While working alongside auditors, in the office and at a taxpayer’s location, you will gather preliminary information, contact taxpayers to schedule audits, assist in the pre-audit conference, examine and analyze financial records to determine compliance, and assist in the post-audit conference.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday, with 60-minute lunch.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Pittsburgh.
- Upon successful completion of this internship you may be offered a full-time position.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Current enrollment as a full-time undergraduate student in an accredited college/university in a declared bachelor’s degree program and successful completion of at least sixty (60) college credits at the time of hire. Full time undergraduate students who have successfully completed at least thirty (30) college credits and anticipate the completion of at least sixty (60) college credits at the time of hire may apply for this program. OR
- Current enrollment as a graduate student in an accredited college/university in a declared master’s or doctorate degree program at the time of hire.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Authorization by the college/university for the student to participate in the Commonwealth Public Service Intern Program.
- This particular position requires the candidate to be enrolled in an accounting major.
- The selected candidate will be required to provide an official transcript at the time of hire which will confirm the degree program and credits.
- You must meet the PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.