Strategic Finance and FP&A Associate- Summer 2023
Please click the apply link to search through all offices hiring for this position. Application deadlines vary by market, so please connect with the local recruiter for any specific deadlines.
RSM is looking for a dynamic Associate to join our new Technical Accounting Consulting (TAC) team in our Central. Changing economies, new accounting policies and evolving tax regulations mean that business and professional services firms face an ever-changing business landscape. With more than 80 years of industry expertise, RSM has helped thousands of firms to achieve their business objectives. Our clients include firms in a variety of industries, including financial services, technology, and commercial to name just a few. Experienced in serving clients with a local, national or international presence, and a number of diverse organizational structures, our professionals can help develop meaningful solutions for your business.
· Participate in multiple engagements within the Technical Accounting Consulting practice to provide technical accounting and financial or business advisory guidance to clients
· Demonstrate basic to intermediate knowledge of complex financial accounting concepts
· Commit to maintaining and developing current and effective technical accounting capabilities by leveraging extensive firm resources
· Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating the development and execution of the consulting work plan and client deliverables
· Collaborate directly with the engagement manager and partner and the client
· Develop an understanding of the client’s business and industry and begin to recognize key performance drivers, trends and developments
· Actively participate with engagement team and function as an in-charge facilitating field work by monitoring and reporting regarding productivity and adherence to work plan schedules on each assignment
· Assist in the preparation of technical memos and other client deliverables
· Identify performance improvement opportunities
· Understand RSM’s service lines and work as a team in providing an integrated service delivery
· Recognize and inform management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
· Willingness to travel 10% of the year, depending on clients
· BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
· experience in a public accounting environment, auditing financial statements
· CPA Certification or demonstrated progress towards obtaining CPA certification, including required coursework
· Strong technical knowledge in GAAP for both public & private companies
· Experience with revenue recognition, complex debt and equity financings, financial instruments, business combinations
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills
· US certified public accountant (CPA) license in the US state of primary work location or sufficient coursework to achieve US CPA certification
The firm offers a competitive benefits package, base compensation, and an employee bonus program for eligible roles based on individual and firm performance per program guidelines. Base compensation ranges can be found between the ranges noted below in the posting, and an actual offer can vary based upon on role, hiring location, and qualifications. For additional information on RSM’s total rewards, visit our website at https://rsmus.com/careers/working-at-rsm/benefits.html.
If required by applicable law or client policy, you may be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation.
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID: req29431
Line of Business: Consulting Services
SubFunction: FC TAC
Job Type: FullTime
Req #: req29431
Region: Central Region
Job Category: Business Consulting/Technology
Employment Type: Campus Associate
Degree Required: Associate
Salary Range: Starting at $61800