This position will analyze, reconcile and maintain Patient Trust Accounts for the clients that DDDS is the Representative Payee by tracking incoming Social Security and other various pensions and private funds from which client’s personal expenses are paid. Duties: compiles and prepares a variety of statements and reports for state, special, private, or federal funded programs, analyzes client living categories, income levels and abilities to pay, may perform general accounting functions such as preparing purchase orders, vouchers and cash receipts.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Accountant
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Business Management, Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Six months experience in accounting using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Six months experience compiling, analyzing and interpreting financial data to ensure effective and efficient accounting of funds or to make projections for financial planning.
- Six months experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
- Knowledge of creating financial reports which includes combining and presenting financial data from multiple sources in an organized format.