Serves as the retail branch consumer and small business lending banker and subject-matter-expert within a traditional bank branch model.
Consults with consumer and small business customers to identify, understand, and prioritize financial needs and to deepen relationships.
Refers customers to internal and external partners for additional opportunities.
Serves as the first line of defense in preventing fraud and mitigating risk.
Demonstrates passion for delighting customers by living the Customer Covenant every day.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engages and consults with consumer and small business customers to identify, understand, and prioritize financial needs. Champions the customer's financial success through positioning product solutions and engaging appropriate partners.
- Assists the branch RMM with developing and maintaining a quality, diversified loan portfolio, including various types of loan programs such as consumer, small business and real estate.
- Pursues new business using sales management tools to proactively identify, retain and deepen current customer relationships and to identify and develop prospective clients or centers of influence.
- Partners with branch RMM to prepare for sales calls to add value and strengthen personal relationships with customers. Conducts outside calling to small business owners. Collaborates with business partners such as private wealth, financial planning, commercial banking and other line-of-business segments to strategize and develop comprehensive banking relationships.
- Works proactively and closely with bankers to maintain a consistent deposit and loan pipeline. Develops referral sources to generate business. Meets or exceeds individual performance sales, referral and activity goals while supporting the goals of the branch and company. Establishes and maintains relationships with community based organizations in support of bank goals and programs
- Participates in daily kick-off and huddle activities, weekly sales meetings, and sales and training activities. Champions products and shares specific product information and sales tips. Performs proactive outreach to customers and prospects during sales campaigns and promotions.
- Opens and services accounts. Interviews consumer and small business loan applicants to identify loan opportunities and may process and close loans. Follows established policies and procedures with minimal exceptions. Ensures all operational tasks are completed and all exceptions are cleared in a timely manner.
- Reads, comprehends and complies with all communications and directives in a timely manner. Follows ethical practices in all activities related to the branch including operations, customer treatment and sales activities. Effectively communicates with leadership and coworkers to promote a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Adheres to Branch Operations Standards, policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines to protect against risk. Maintains a high level of awareness to recognize and report suspected fraud. Follows the business code of conduct including reporting known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion. Completes compliance and other assigned training on time.
- Demonstrates professionalism in appearance, punctuality, and behavior. Maintains a clean, organized work area.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year job-related experience, preferably in a banking, sales or customer service environment. May consider relevant college related programs in lieu of job experience.
- This position requires successful registration and issuance of a unique identification number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE ACT). Registration must be accomplished within an established timeframe after initial employment and includes a nationwide finger print check.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.