Python Software Engineer Intern
Garda Capital Partners LP (Garda) is a multi-billion dollar alternative investment firm with over 18 years of experience deploying relative value strategies across fixed income markets for institutional investors. Garda has offices in Wayzata, New York City, West Palm Beach, Geneva, Copenhagen, and Singapore.
Garda is looking to hire a Python Software Engineer Intern to be a part of our Research and Technology (R&T) team based out of our New York or Wayzata offices, for Summer 2023. This is an exciting position offering opportunities to gain exposure to enterprise software development practices at a global hedge fund.
- Aid in the development of new lines of business solutions using Python, Excel and SQL (Oracle / Postgres)
- Support senior staff in designing and implementing complete solutions for our front office/risk systems.
- Provide support for in-house and 3rd party applications
Qualifications & Desired Skills
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Finance
- Experience programming in Python
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience with Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about programming and technology
- Interest in financial trading industry
- Ability to work effectively in a high-energy, time sensitive team environment
- Detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills